GlassFish breeding...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
its been awhile since i've taken care of my plantedtank due to a major delay of my regulator at ereefstank.com , but recently i just noticed two glassfish bumping into each other around the water flow and amazon swords. The glassfish has about 5 orange eggs in there and they actually looked healthy. What should I do? should i put them in a breeding net? because there are angel fish in there which will indeed eat the eggs. Where will they lay their eggs?

Congratulations on the eggs! There are other fish that lay orange eggs, like some plecos, but in any case a breeder net would restrict water flow and the eggs would likely succumb to fungus. That is why they laid them near the current so water movement would protect them.

If you have a spare 10gal or something like that that you could rig up as a fry tank, then that would be the best thing.

i have a 20 gallon tank... would the process of moving them cause them to stop?... well i can suck the water from the original tank into the new one, what should i put into the 20 gallon tank if i was to move them there?

i've always heard they are are to breed and much to my suprise they are.... =D

Back
Top Bottom