Golden Wonder Panchax courting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
My huge female and one of the babies are courting or possibly already mating. The male is about two inches and the female is over four. She is obviously twice his size. I have floating water lettuce with really nice and fluffy roots that I'm sure they would lay their eggs in. But, my question is, can they spawn? He is so much tinier... I know that nature will find a way, but can this even occur?

TheCrazyFishLady said:
My huge female and one of the babies are courting or possibly already mating. The male is about two inches and the female is over four. She is obviously twice his size. I have floating water lettuce with really nice and fluffy roots that I'm sure they would lay their eggs in. But, my question is, can they spawn? He is so much tinier... I know that nature will find a way, but can this even occur?

I'm not an expert, but pictures may help me or anyone determine whats going on :)

Well, too late. The females attempted to eat a catfish and basically choked and died. The male bugging her jumped out yesterday. So, problem solved, I guess...

Nope. I literally just bought the catfish and it was right in her mouth. She was an awful idea anyway. Impulse buy, and the guy thought she was a guppy, so she was only two dollars.

Back
Top Bottom