Goldfish fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlyrae1224

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got some goldfish and have never dealt with breeding or fish eggs. I experimented and took some eggs out to see if I can hatch them. Turns out, I just seen one swimming!
However, my question is, is it normal for them to get a spurt of energy and swim, then all of a sudden lay on the bottom for a few minutes? Only one hatched so far but many look to be getting close. I wanna make sure I'm doing this right!
I have an oxygen source. Maybe 5-6 inches of water. Took water from their parents tank. Put a small plant in the babies tank as well.

20170906_191043.jpg

All the eggs (minus 2 unfertilized ones) hatched yesterday! I believe I counted 15. They are so small it is hard to even see them!
They seem to be doing well! More active today.

IMG_20170908_075048_909.jpg

Mom is a black telescope. I believe the possible dad's are fantails.
There a another telescope but he wasn't really involved in the chase and I don't think he's old enough.
I also have another female but she hasn't laid eggs.

20170908_124802.jpg

My black Molly has a couple of white spots on him/her pretty sure it is fungus. He has had the issue before. I used fungus meds and it cleared up. Can I use fungus meds with fry in the tank, if not what can I do to treat this. I do not have a hospital tank. Other than the white spots he seems healthy and is eating with vigor.

Methylene blue yes but its going to make a mess out of that tank.

I would not use it for just one mollie.

May I suggest you buy a cheap plastic storage container like the ones they use for clothes but smaller around 2 gal. or a critter container also 2 gal.

Cheap small air pump and small cheap sponge filter.

Use your tank water and treat the fish in that. water only. No gravel or decorations.

Then you can use your fungus cure.

I only use methylene blue or malachite green in bare tanks.

Back
Top Bottom