Good News!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

treenab

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After all my worry and panic with these nests and eggs, this morning I woke to discover WE HE HAVE FRY!!!!!! Not many, only about 25 but hey, at least some have made it... not bad for an accidental breeder hehe. I was actually able to get my hands on dome liquid fry food and intent to suppliment it with infusoria (sp??) until they are big enough to eat baby brine shrimp... is this a good plan of action??? Anyways, I'm off to purchase a fry and breeding tank today, I can at least pretend to be a little bit professional LOL.

Thanks to all for the marvelous support and help you have given me over the past few days.. I wouldn't have any fry at all if it wasn't for you guys ;)

Too cool! When they're big enough to be seen by a camera lens we want pics!!

Congratulations! I think from your other posts, these are bettas? Very exciting! Just remember when you breed bettas (as my friends and I did years ago), you end up with a whole room full of little tanks because you can't keep them all together. Once you start with the little tanks, it's hard to stop! You may soon have hundreds... :lol:

hehe ooh it sure is addictive.. My dh is npw talking of going into breedin hehehe

One black moment though.. I just checekd on the tank now the light is better and the mummy fish, my purple female has passed away :( I have no idea why, she has no body/fin damage (though she has a little now one of the angels was eating her!!!) and she isn't egg bound... She spent most of yesterday resting I thought from the spawn, so I am very dissappointed to find her like this this morning... I hope I can get a lovely purple or tourquise female from the fry to use as a breeder... apparently the purples aren't all that common here.. I was lucky to get this one *sigh* at least her death has a silver lining with the fry....

Oh yes, they are bettas :) The daddy is a tourquoise (marble or butterfly.. he has a black head..) mummy was a lovely purple female...

Urg, just like childbirth used to be for women... Sorry to hear it treenab. Just a fact of life, really, for some animals. At least the fry have you to care for them!

Sorry to here about the female, but well done treenab you have fry, you have done really well. Panic stations to success.

GREAT JOB, please do let us know how they get on.

A few kudos for your efforts

Thankyou so much :) Not that I really had much to do with it LOL the fry are already starting to look darker and are flitting all over the top of the water.. aww how sweet hehe. I have tried to take come pics with my close up lens, will have to see how they come out (traditional film so I have to wait to get it back from the developer) I have doe a re-count and think we have at least 65 fry.. not bad!! I have already had the lfs interested in purchasing from us (as well as having them in fits of envy as they have been trying to breed bettas for 4 years with no success... they didn't realise they were meant to be in warm water.. duh!)

I will definately let you know how they get on.. like a proud mummy hey LOL

thanks for the kudos Terry, I am still to work out what they are but still thankyou :) Well it is past bedtime for this new fish addict so night all!!! have fun and most importantly.. take care!!

Back
Top Bottom