Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Gourami bubble nest - are fish male and female or both male?

Hi!

I'm have a gourami making a bubble nest but I thought I had two male fish. Can someone please help with telling the sex of these fish. I am new to breeding anything other than live bearers so I'm not very good at determining the sex yet.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

For some reason the site isn't letting me post pictures from my iPad for I have attached a file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72jvp6ftq2...%20pm.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbon1ndnxh...%20pm.jpg?dl=0

Old 11-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

It certainly appears that both fish are males and it's the male that builds the nest so unless they are both building the same nest, it would be "normal" for there to be 2 nests in the tank as they build them in hopes of attracting a non present female when she becomes present.

Hope the helps.

Tags
bubble, bubble nest, female, fish, gourami, male, nest, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com