Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have three gouramis and im not sure what two of the threes sex is. One of my powder blue gouramis is a male but im not sure what the other one is or what my other dwarf gourami is an help appreciated i wanted to breed and need to know what sex the othe two dourami are. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3150721340.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	154919   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1803596161.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	154920  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2792928967.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	154921  

Old 02-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayfish View Post
I have three gouramis and im not sure what two of the threes sex is. One of my powder blue gouramis is a male but im not sure what the other one is or what my other dwarf gourami is an help appreciated i wanted to breed and need to know what sex the othe two dourami are. Thanks

From what I can see, the top left may be a female ( I can't see full display of the dorsal fin and the abdomen is not really rounded enough to confirm), the top right looks like a male and the bottom is definitely a male dwarf. This is the original color of the dwarf that the other 2 fish you have were created from.
The following might be helpful in sexing your fish. The females to most of these color morphs will look like the female in this thread: Dwarf Gouramis (Female) - AC Tropical Fish Pictures It's a very different looking fish for sure and not found frequently in chain stores that carry the males.

Hope this helps

Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pretty sure they're all males...
3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I think the top left is a female but the others are male. can three males live in the same tank? i have a honey sunset dwarf gourami that is a mele in addition to these three. they all get along.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayfish View Post
I think the top left is a female but the others are male. can three males live in the same tank? i have a honey sunset dwarf gourami that is a mele in addition to these three. they all get along.

If they are all getting along that may mean that all the fish are males. Usually the males will only fight over the rights to breed with the female. If there is no female present, there is no need to fight. With all the color morphs to the true Dwarf Gourami, I'm not sure if the female powder blue will also be powder blue like the male or regular colored like the one in the link from my previous post We'll need someone currently breeding this fish to show you male and female colors.

Tags
gourami, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com