green cory eggs advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manbeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so yesterday got home from work in the morning checked the tanks everybody looks good, take the dogs for their walk and spot eggs on the glass of the 150 when we return, wasn't sure who's eggs they were at first so I pulled out the breeder net and razor blade and got to work in an effort to beat the rosey barbs to the punch, but they still got a few of the eggs, after that I sat and watched the tank for a while to catch momma in act and that's how I figured it to be my green Cory, she would swim up the glass and deposit the eggs in the strongest current in groups of about six or so and then take a break this is when I would use the razor to gingerly scrape off the eggs and put them in the breeder net. I collect around 18-20 eggs put them in the net and adjusted the out flow from the sump to circulate on the net more directly. I was wanting to know what else I might be able to do to help these eggs hatch, I'll post my parameters later just got my new master kit haven't even had a chance to take the plastic wrap off yet, but any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for taking the time to read this small novel.

almost forgot the pics

Attachments

• image-1771888449.jpg
    image-1771888449.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2141311511.jpg
    image-2141311511.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 104
If you have an extra tank somewhere I would put the eggs in there and crank up the temperature just a little bit but that's just about all you can do

I heard of people using chemical to reduce or eliminat fungus groath.
I did not use it, community tank, and some hatched. Those netbreeders have slight cracks around the base where the peices snap togather and I lost alot of wigglers that way. Just put enough gravel or something to cover those spaces.

don't really have a tank I'm comfortable swapping them to at the moment, the temp in the 150 is currently at 76 degrees farenheit what would you recommend?

manbeast said:
don't really have a tank I'm comfortable swapping them to at the moment, the temp in the 150 is currently at 76 degrees farenheit what would you recommend?

About 80 but it's not a huge deal

poor little eggs are starting to look like they might have fungus but I'll let them go a while longer and see what happens

I think I may move the net to the 20 gal xtra high in the livingroom as my wife just pointed out a julii fry she saw, quite a surprise since we never saw any eggs

Attachments

• image-4126369682.jpg
    image-4126369682.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 88
a bit hard to get pics but it looks like I've had at least two eggs hatch, right now they're just a pair of eyes with a tail

a bit hard to get pics but it looks like I've had at least two eggs hatch, right now they're just a pair of eyes with a tail
wigglers in their yolk sack.
Is you filter intake tube protected.
They will be swimming to top of tank in a while to exersize their labyrinth organ.

Last edited:
still in the breeder net so the filter is not much of an issue yet, but will be shopping around for prefilter sponges soon

ok so I know it's been a while since I updated, status as of now is 4 fry hatched one is surprisingly much larger than the other 3, seems odd having come from the same batch of eggs, still keeping them in the breeder net where they appear to enjoy the ground up pellets that I give them along with the infusoria that is on the net.so far all are looking happy and healthy. I'll try to toss up some pics as soon as possible

so I released the green Cory fry @ a week ago really haven't seen them since, my wife tells me they come out at night while I'm at work. now today we found panda Cory eggs In the 26 gal bow front so into the breeder net and into the 20 gal xtra high they go, the 20 gal seems to be the place to hatch eggs

Back
Top Bottom