Green terror with white thing on but

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Derp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The other day i saw a white poop looking thing sticking out of my green terrors but, from what i herd it might be her breeding tube but i thought she was too small to lay eggs.
Its been 3 days and the white thing is still there, how long will it take to lay eggs and does my male need to be in the tank for her to lay eggs.
The male is separated due to him being a jerk to the female.
I just finished treating for ick before the white poo thing showed up.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413219197.735262.jpg
Hard to see it in this picture, but she also has a very fat belly for the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can't really tell from this pic. If possible, get a close up of the vent and the "white poop looking thing" and we can go from there. (y)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413337236.891435.jpg
You can kinda see it in this picture
If she is getting ready to lay eggs, how long will it take before she lays them?

Wish the pic was a little clearer. Usually, if the female drops her tube, so does the male. If he has no tube showing or the pair aren't protecting an area to spawn on, then it may be something else or spawning is not imminent.
That's the best I can offer from that picture.

I might be out to lunch, but could she just be constipated? And the white poo thing be poo?

That's what my fish look like when they are constipated and I just give them 2 days without food and it clears right up. Sorry if I am being ignorant.

Last night i moved the male to that tank, the female started attacking him and they ended up fighting all night. In the morning they were done fighting and really tired.
When i got home the male had a white tube and i started to think he was a she. I would consider that they might be constipated but i did watch the male take a poop.
Unfortunately they are not protecting an area they just swim around, but i have slate rock and lots of flat areas for them to lay.
I do have a bunch of other fish in the tank does that effect anything with them breeding?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413350126.479906.jpg
Sorry about the bad photos best i can get. :(
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413350219.966679.jpg
Theres a picture of them mouth fighting
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413350349.006953.jpg
And theres a picture of the male and you can kinda see the white thing it just looks like a little bump in the picture tho

So its been a few day and the random white things are still there but not much has changed.
The male does this weird shake thing (almost like he's trying to scratch or shake something off) witch make me wonder if he has some sort of parasite.
The female has gone really dark and will attack the male while spreading her gills apart.
Do you guy think that maybe they got some sort of sickness like flukes, or just still trying to figure out how to breed for the first time?
Thx alot :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414009238.511548.jpg

So it looks like my GT was trying to lay eggs.
Thx everyone for your replies and help.

Back
Top Bottom