Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

growing brine shrimp past "babies"

Has anyone here ever attempted to grow their baby brine shrimp to adult, in order to feed larger fish? Also, i have a bunch of eggs bubbling in a 5g tank with one tbsp of aquarium salt to every quart of water, light is on constantly, and i'm not certain of the temp, but it is an incandecent light, so i know it's up there. I'm trying to keep it over 80. (there is not enough water in the tank to put a heater in) Anything i'm missing? they have been bubbling for about 13h. (no babies yet!)
Also, once babies start to hatch, how do you separate the babies from the unhatched eggs? Can you net the babies up or would they just fall right through the holes in the net?
thanks in advance

Old 09-20-2004, 12:41 PM   #2
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Growing them can be done, but it needs plenty of space and a container with no corners. Se here: http://www.ntlabs.co.uk/artemia_tips.htm
http://fins.actwin.com/live-foods/mo.../msg00025.html

As far as netting them is conncerned, the best way is to get the nauplii to congregate at a light source (they are attracted to light), drawing them away from the cysts, then net them with a brine shrimp net (these are more fine than fish nets, so te nauplii will not fall through).
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babies, brine shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com