GRRRR! Everyone's angels are spawning but mine =*(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I give them a lovely breeding ground with a slate, fine, hand prepared fresh and frozen foods, lots o' love....

What am i doing wrongggggg?????

add some plants, preferably amazon sword! my angels only ever spawned on the leaf of an amazon sword plant. just a thought though!

Don't despair MCD. I actually started with 4 Angels and several times I assumed I had a pair. Lo, this was not so, all of them turned out to be females. :shock:

Give it just a little more time. Unless you have two males, a female is going to spawn (lay eggs) and if they are not fertilized, she will eat them.

also, do you feed live food?

my angels spawned without any effort on my part, I just had them in a 29gall community thought they were both females until one laid eggs and one fertilized.....diddnt ever do anything lol but live food will help, also things like frozen mysis may help as well!

try a major water change. It seems like everybodies spawns after one of those. Im with Jchillin they might just be all one gender. How long have you had them?

They get a 50% H2O change weekly.

I bought them at about double silver dollar size, and have had them about 1 yr. Their bodies are about teacup sized now without fins.

Has there been any pairing off at all? I'm guessing they are in a community tank?

Back
Top Bottom