Guppie babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Supergummy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, about a year ago my 8 year old sister got a 5 gallon tank. Sh decieded to get 4 females and 2 males. Unfortunately they bred. And now we have a million baby guppies. Her 5 gallon is infested and my 10 gal is to. I'm getting a 100 gallon tommorow bout it will take whole to cycle. What should I do? Can I sell them? She like 2 of the particular males and 5 other females that she wants to keep besides them, what do I do?

Guppies make great fish to use for the nitrogen cycle. I have a ten gallon filled with guppies. When ever I have a new tank I take a breeder net box that hangs over the edge and put ten to twenty in there. plus you could just put some in there that are "ugly" and if you get bigger fish the bigger ones could have a snack.

You could try to sell them, but it might not work if they're still fry. You could give them away though probably.

If I raise them could I sell them,i desperately need to get rid of them

You probably could. Is your lfs a chain fish store, like pet supplies plus, pet smart, or pet provisions?

Yes pet smart, but we also have a local about an hour away. That's huge.

Maybe the one about an hour away would take them, and give you a store credit. That's what ours that's about an hour away did when we had 6 fire belly toads, and 3 laid eggs. We waited until they were a tad but older but still not full grown, and they took all 200 off our hands and gave us a store credit.

Call them first, before you drive all the way over there lol

Back
Top Bottom