Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donavin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have 1m/3f it looks like all 3f are prego and one dropped sometime today. I have a 55g tank with plenty of hiding places but I have only been able to find 2 fry. Where could the rest have gone. Are they just hiding from me or. Could they have all been eaten. Also my male seems to be putting a lot of pressure on my females to mate. Should I get more females to take some of the pressure off them?

Donavin said:
Have 1m/3f it looks like all 3f are prego and one dropped sometime today. I have a 55g tank with plenty of hiding places but I have only been able to find 2 fry. Where could the rest have gone. Are they just hiding from me or. Could they have all been eaten. Also my male seems to be putting a lot of pressure on my females to mate. Should I get more females to take some of the pressure off them?

They are pretty good at hiding so some maybe left in there. It's likely a lot of them have been eaten though.

So I tried to put my 3rd female in a breeder net and she went crazy. I was so worried about stressing her that I just went ahead and released her back into the main tank. Guess I'll just take my chances.

Back
Top Bottom