Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcannelis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had 2 males in the tank with 2 females one female disappeared so it was just 2 male turquoise with a fancy female and 6 snails 4 neons 3 ghost shrimpand a catfish I got more females yesterday and I was looking at my old female and noticed she was getting fat and had a black behind her stomach Her tail is orange and blue what color would fry be? She also non stop eats bottom feeder tablets and normal flakes

I had 2 males in the tank with 2 females one female disappeared so it was just 2 male turquoise with a fancy female and 6 snails 4 neons 3 ghost shrimpand a catfish I got more females yesterday and I was looking at my old female and noticed she was getting fat and had a black behind her stomach Her tail is orange and blue what color would fry be? She also non stop eats bottom feeder tablets and normal flakes

What is the count of guppies you have now? Male to female ratio should be 1:2or3. There is a good chance the female with the black spot is gravid, which means she is pregnant. She may have bred with one of the males at the store, or one of your males, either way there really isn't any way to predict what each baby will look like. After the first batch you will be better able to gauge the dominant and nondominant genes.

Good luck to you!

She has become blocky almost and the males don't bother her. Should I put her in the seclusion tank that I plan to keep babies in or in normal tank where the babies will most certainly get eaten
The ratio is 1 to two. And now another one of my guppies has what looks like a gravid spot but isn't fat

If you want to keep all the fry seperate her but otherwise just make sure the fry have places to hide.

Back
Top Bottom