Guppies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtlipton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm back!! Ok so here's my story. Yesterday, after a successful fish in cycle :D, I went to go get guppies that I was interested in breeding. At petco, they have a tank full of assorted types of guppies in all different color mixes and such. Next to it, they had a tank full of assorted female guppies. I believe that I got a female fancy guppy with an orange tail but when I got her it looks like she had a gravid spot although it was symmetrical, so I have no clue.(could anyone explain this to me?)As for the male, I am SURE that he is not a fancy guppy because he is blue with a red/orange top and tail fin. Would these two breed?

If there's a male and female guppy they will breed. Its recommended to have at least 2 females for every male at least, preferably 3. The gravid spot should be on both sides of the females stomach so i guess I'm not really sure what you're trying to ask but maybe this picture will help

Attachments

• mother-guppy.jpg
    mother-guppy.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 72
Basically I'm asking if its a gravid spot or not here's pics of the male and female

There are no pics lol, but i think the pic i posted above should show you. The gravid spot doesn't have to be dark though. With one of my females hers won't get dark until like 2 days before she gives birth

sorry i guess it wont let me post pics from my phone lol

ok well since i now know she was pregnant when i got her from the store, when would u think i should put her in my beeding net?

Also i wouldn't leave them in a breeder net or box more than 2 days because they will get very stressed out which can cause them to abort.

Yea I read about how if they are in there for 24 hours and haven't dropped fry yet let them back out. Thanks for all of your help

Back
Top Bottom