Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay jay

Aquarium Advice Freak
How can you tell if there having or about to have there fry

Their bellies will square off when they are about to deliver

As far as delivering.... You will see little balls coming out around it's anal area. They will unfurl themselves and become swimming fry in a matter of seconds

Their bellies will square off when they are about to deliver

As far as delivering.... You will see little balls coming out around it's anal area. They will unfurl themselves and become swimming fry in a matter of seconds

She had some all ready but still looked big and is staying in one spot

AS angel said they will "square" off they will also develop a very dark spot on their bodies. This is refered to as Gravid :) it's actually the eyes of the baby fry inside of them.

I've had guppies in one way, shape, or form since I was a kid. I've seen females give birth to a dozen and call it quits, I've seen other females give birth to 30+ over a day or so.

Keep an eye on her and if you really want to see something dim/turn off the lights in the tank leaving your room lights on, if you're lucky you'll see a baby drop and start swimming before it hits the bottom.... :) Love seeing live births

I have one in the breeder and her baby's in a diff one. I have 2 female guppies going to have dry soon.

I have one in the breeder and her baby's in a diff one. I have 2 female guppies going to have dry soon.

One thing to remember is that guppies can stay fertilized for a while after contact with last male.

One thing to remember is that guppies can stay fertilized for a while after contact with last male.

I knew that but how long and sorry I can't do a pic it's to dark in my tank for a pic. I tryed

Back
Top Bottom