Guppies about to drop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right if you've read my previous posts you can tell my livebearers are preggers! :D my tank has males in it so they defiantly are . For the last few hours since I got home from work my 2 female guppies are at the top of the tank by the filter. I have a fluval 306 and a stingray 15, so I've got plenty filtration. The other fish are fine. They have grown really big and have "squared off" I was just asking can I put my guppies in a hatchery with 7 other various fry. I'll take pics :D. Okay ... It wont let me take any it comes up with exceed you 8. Something kb.... I have photos in my album called ' my fish' the pictures cations are ' another one' and ' pregnant ' or you can go into my album guppies and they will be in there :) sorry for this

It depends on the size of the fry if they will eat them or not. IME usually when a female its in active labor she won't eat so the fry will be safe till the end of the drop.

Btw, to fix the attachment problem, go to the AA webpage, click on user cp, and on the menu on the left side click on the words that say attachments. The error message your getting is because you need to delete some of your attachments

Within 3 days IMO, try turning heat to 82, do a pwc and feed frozen bloodworms that's what I did and I came home to fry. Ask koi been tellin her about my livebearers lately

Chronos313 said:
Within 3 days IMO, try turning heat to 82, do a pwc and feed frozen bloodworms that's what I did and I came home to fry. Ask koi been tellin her about my livebearers lately

I'll admit to nothin'! Lol true he has been a busy bee lately.
The pwc and temp sometimes works and sometimes doesn't IMO. I've had it work on a few of my guppies but that was when they were within a few days of giving birth. It'll never hurt to try, and hey if it doesn't work at least your water change will be done this week :)

True that! I just removed the big female so soon I'll have just a fry tank after I do another 50% pwc then I'll try and get a good fry count. There's no harm in trying what people suggest. If it works great! If not well at least the tank is cleaned as koi said. But ya your guppies are way bigger then my female was when she dropped. My other trick is leaving the lights off all day long. Seems they like to drop while I'm at work

Both females have been hanging round the filter since Friday. I think one has dropped because I see moving things in the java fern
I'll keep you updated!

Back
Top Bottom