Guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenda26910

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any suggestions on how much longer? I think she has been pregnant a little over 3 weeks

Do you think she is ready for breeder box? I don't want to stress her out putting her in to early

image-1893746144.jpg

image-3395150616.jpg

image-2902963771.jpg

she look squared but it all a guess game. you can try to put her in. feed her a small amount see if she will eat. if she swimming frantically then she is stressing out and take her out.

Still no fry not sure what's going on here is a picture from today.

image-2096429012.jpg

image-4201605012.jpg

IMO I wish people wouldn't put fish in breeder boxes. that is more stress than is needed for her. Let it happen naturally. I never had a problem until I had too many of them. once they start, just sit back and start counting.

make sure you have some plants in there (real or fake) for the fry to hide. you don't have long left.

Hey just happen to read all the comments and I seem to have the same concerns bc I'm waiting for my guppy to have her fry. But now that I ready we should let it happen naturally I'm wondering. Once they hide in the plants how will I be able to feed them if they don't come out? It worries me and don't want to lose the fry. Thanks :)

Hey just happen to read all the comments and I seem to have the same concerns bc I'm waiting for my guppy to have her fry. But now that I ready we should let it happen naturally I'm wondering. Once they hide in the plants how will I be able to feed them if they don't come out? It worries me and don't want to lose the fry. Thanks :)

You can buy a floating mat just for that.

I used to have a guppy tank, never once it even crossed my mind to get a breeder box or any such jazz. They dropped naturally, and even if some fry were eaten, believe me when I say my tank was overrun with babies of varying ages within a few months. Don't sweat it.

I used to have a guppy tank, never once it even crossed my mind to get a breeder box or any such jazz. They dropped naturally, and even if some fry were eaten, believe me when I say my tank was overrun with babies of varying ages within a few months. Don't sweat it.

Exactly.

She is not in there all the time. She has been swimming in the community tank during the day when I can watch her and at night in the box. I don't like her in there either so I try not to leave her in there to long.

Back
Top Bottom