Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Guppy about to drop fry after 2 weeks? [photos]

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, but I've been visiting from quite some time, and I hope your friendly advice can help me out on my little dilemma.

Anyway, I have a female guppy who dropped fry 2 weeks ago. For the past two days, I've noticed that she looks like she's about to drop fry again. Her gravid spot is dark, she has a boxy look in her stomach, bent back, and she's being aggressive towards her tank mates. I am not sure if she's about to drop because like I said, she just dropped 2 weeks ago, and it takes around 4 weeks for another drop, right?

I have two tanks: 1 5g for my fry and a 10g where I have 2 males and 3 females.

Her stomach isn't as big as it was on the first drop, and that's why I'm apprehensive to put her in the nursery tank for fear that she will have a nice little snack on another generation of fry that are in there (and less than a week old). I don't believe in breeder boxes, so I'm torn between leaving her in the "adult tank" or transferring her to the nursery tank where there are a lot more hiding spaces for potential new fry to hide.

Can you please look at my pictures and help me decide what to do? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	guppy1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	105150   Click image for larger version

Name:	guppy2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	105151  

Click image for larger version

Name:	guppy3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	105152  

Old 07-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA, she looks like she has a bit to go yet. I just let mine drop in the community tank and then fish the fry out into the box

Tags
drop, fry, guppy, oto, photos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com