Guppy and molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agentamalia

Aquarium Advice Freak
If a guppy and molly breed will the offspring be sterile?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Same for a platy and swordtail?

I do not know about Guppies and Mollies, I do not have any Mollies, but my Swordtails and Platies have interbred and seem to keep on keeping on

So they won't be sterile? I read mollies and guppies babies will be sterile but not swordtail platy baby

What do u feed ur fry? I have 7 babies and I want to give them something other then flake food

I do not have guppies or mollies. I have Swordtails and Platies and they have interbred.

Anders247 says that a Guppy/Molly mix would be sterile...I would take him at his word. He has just started on this forum, but is a heavy hitter on other forums.

As far as food, I crumble up flakes for the fry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I do also I read egg yolk mixed with a little water? I tried it and they ate it all up I shut my filter off while they eat but I think they liked the egg better lol!

Egg yolk has a lot of protein for the guppy fry to develop healthy. I would do it for the first 1-2 weeks until they are bigger and can feed better on flakes.

I was told egg twice a day should I just feed them egg until they are bigger?

Back
Top Bottom