Guppy breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some really interesting coloration on some of my guppies. I'll post a pic at the bottom. I was wondering if I bred him with another guppy, hopefully with the same coloration if I could expect the babies to have the same coloration. I know that I have one male but I don't know if the other one is a male or female. I also have one that has a yellow tail with 3 spots on the tail that looks pretty cool. It didn't want it's pic taken though unfortunately.

Females are bigger and plain, males have larger fins and more colorful. Your female guppy looks very pregnant. You will see her belly look like a cube when its almost time. Also you will see a dark area on her belly. You should get floating plants and lots of places for the baby fry to hide. Since guppys will eat the fry!!! You will soon have lots of guppies!!!

I have bred these guppies already. There are a ton of them in the tank. I also have a lot of wisteria in the tank that gives a ton of cover for the babies

Me too!! :) i started with a few and now i exchange them for credit at my local fish store! Its like free food and extras!!!

Females are bigger and plain, males have larger fins and more colorful. Your female guppy looks very pregnant. You will see her belly look like a cube when its almost time. Also you will see a dark area on her belly. You should get floating plants and lots of places for the baby fry to hide. Since guppys will eat the fry!!! You will soon have lots of guppies!!!

My three females look as big or bigger for the last month but no babies. I also have a bunch of places for the fry to hide. I started a thread i really can't figure out why I dont get babies..maybe my male is shooting blanks?

Hahahaha shoting blanks!!! :-o well how many males do you have? Do you know know if they are old enogh? Usually female will continue to be pregnant from the same male.

Hahahaha shoting blanks!!! :-o well how many males do you have? Do you know know if they are old enogh? Usually female will continue to be pregnant from the same male.

i just have one male. i have had them over 2 months and they have stoped growing and the females look like the ones in the pic so i would say they are old enuf.

I started with one male and three females. And now there is too many to count. Going to put some in another tank

Back
Top Bottom