Guppy Breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VetBoy96

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay so i have 3 females and 4 males i think two maybe all 3 are pregnant, i have a heavily planted tank two organic 5 synthetic, plus a decent sized shipwreck and two log orniments in a 3ft community tank.
I keep the tank temp at 26 degrees celcius and pH of 7.0-7.2
Nitrite is at 40
And nitrate is 0

Please let me know if the fry will be able to survive !!! :)
Thanks allImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390424163.258823.jpg

I'd add some java moss cuz the fry like to hang out in it to hide and eat microorganisms.

If your nitrite is 40, I think your fish would be dead. Is your nitrate 40?

No matter what, I would do a water change. Fry don't like anything but 0s for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.

The one with the calcium haha
Do the fry not like that?

I've herd of using moss but i can never find it at the local pet stores, i might have to look further maybe

If you can't find moss, low bushy plants, like Robynleigh said, work well too. The more hiding spots, the more fry that survive.

That sounds good. In no time your tank will be overrun with guppies!:);)

Okay so i have 3 females and 4 males i think two maybe all 3 are pregnant, i have a heavily planted tank two organic 5 synthetic, plus a decent sized shipwreck and two log orniments in a 3ft community tank.
I keep the tank temp at 26 degrees celcius and pH of 7.0-7.2
Nitrite is at 40
And nitrate is 0

Please let me know if the fry will be able to survive !!! :)
Thanks allView attachment 218273

Love that decor

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Keep us updated! Guppy fry are so cute! I have some now. It is fun to watch them grow.

okay so in the middle is a hollow log, there is one live plant at the back entrance for them to nibble on whatevers living in there and the rest are just synthetic for hiding in :)

Attachments

• IMG_8520.jpg
    IMG_8520.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom