Guppy Breeding Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so jealous, I still haven't seen a fry guppy in my tank. So the fry tend to go to the surface? As for ghost shrimp...they larva tend to jut float around for the first week then settle to the bottom, as stated previously they are hard to feed and keep alive. I have had 5 make it to adult hood in over 10 batches of over 20 baby shrimps each. Still waiting to see baby guppies...

Thanks for the shrimp info. I have to try to get the ghost shrimp out so they don't eat the fry. I have been trying to keep them well fed.

I am so curious about what they will look like. I had four young different sizes of fry from the college girl and they are finally growing enough to see the colors, so exciting. These new ones just born, I think we will have some really nice ones. The momma is my favorite female.

ajaguilar-Hope your girls do good. I know if I hadn't been on AA, reading and asking ???, noticing I was looking at a big fat square momma ready to pop, they would have been eaten in my main tank, I took the two girls out at 11:30 pm and the next morning, 7:30 am there were babies from the big one and the little momma had hers a little later too! I am sure there were other babies in my main tank that had to have been eaten over the last two months.

update: one fry is starting to color up a lot. The male fry is bright red but his mom is gray body with purple tail. I'll try and get some pics of the fry as soon as I can.

Tub tank I have around 5 females that look ready to pop. One day im going to come home and bomb, over 100 fry.

My fry are 6 days old now and one has really dark black color on the body and tail, and a few others have lighter black and some are clear.

My trade of guppies to a guy for some fry when they came ready, is good, they are ready now. I will be picking up a little bunch this week.

Anyone in Northern Colorado need any Guppies, Red Fire guppy males 6 / 1 female? Trade for other Fancy? I am going to post in Classifieds. That way I can have more room and make the 15 gal a fry tank.

Ok I pulled out another square momma from the main tank night before last, and she is giving birth today, so I can see at least 6 little bitty babies, plus the rest, appx 17 babies are a quarter inch long. They are coloring up, some are 1/2 black...

****Question????
I have one very active sway back deformed one, he is always swimming and seems to be doing ok. Is he in pain or suffering... should I just leave him and see what happens, I don't have the heart to feed him to the other fish, or euthanize him unless he is suffering. Any comments, thoughts.

Artist, how is the baby situation coming along?

I have close to 100 fry they are doing great. But I have some bad news. Blackie is missing. Today I was looking in the tank and I couldnt see her anywhere. I cant find a body anywhere. I looked to see if she jumped out but I couldnt find it anywhere. But I do have one of her batches. I also got a waterlily from a friend. It looks great. My waterlily I got at petsmart is just starting to grow leaves to the surface. I have 8 females that look very big they look like they have less then a week.

I hope you find Blackie. I just has a negative experience with my one and only male Endler. I put him into a 1 gal bowl with two smaller females to see what we could get, but he disappeared. I usually put plastic wrap on top but got side tracked and thought my cat fished him out. Today as I added a couple more plants, (waiting to get planted) I found his body. :(

On the other hand we found a Cory who had been "dead/eaten" was just hiding REALLY well for two weeks in our Edge tank with no extra food, heat, bubbler air (unplugged). Nothing. He is doing great now and we still aren't sure where he was hiding!!!.

I hope you find her...

Hi everyone its update time. Sorry I haven't been posting but here is an update on my first batch. So like I've said I had 7 males and 10 females. All the makes look like they have yellow tails and gray bodies, but one. He has a red body. I finally got a Good pic of him. Tell me what You think

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120426_214157.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_214157.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 86
Does your red one have a little greenish tint to the main part of the body or is it the photo? How old are they now?

Do you have more babies?

My last big momma is giving birth tonight! Wow, this Guppy log has been so helpful. Following along on the Guppy Log, I appreciate all the sharing and great info here, thanks, it has save a ton of babies at my house, that's for sure.

Yes he is a nice young male, and don't worry about the lack of colours in the other one, that male looks like he is ready to bloom very very soon and the others should follow! Before long he will be even more colourful trust me!

The red one has some gray kinda strips along his body. He is two months old.

I never found blackie but her babies are about 3 weeks. They are growing nice there are a couple that are losing there black color. But others are dark.

Just the other night I found a new batch of fry around 8.

Back
Top Bottom