Guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrayis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Good evening,

My guppy had her babies 10 days ago. I have them in their own tank. It's amazing how they start out as black specks and start looking like fish in just a couple days. My question is, when is a good time to put them in the big tank? The tank only has guppies. I would say the fry are at least a half inch to three quarters of a inch. Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks

Best way is to look at your biggest fishes mouth and think could he eat the fry ? If no then stick them in buy just make sure they have a few hiding holes or some plants

My personal rule of thumb is about when theyve aged 4-6 weeks, to where they get to the size where are tougher for the mature guppys to catch and cant be gobbled up that easily, I normally have Java moss, etc for them to hide( if need be) but normally after a day or so the older ones get fed up of chasing the younger ones and go back to courting courting/mating, etc

2 months old put one in a breeder tank with an adult have UR net on hand and if the one shows no interest the add 2 and so on if the don't care there at a good size

Not every fish is the same so be mindful and prepared. I had guppy fry and had to wait almost 3 months before adding them into my primary tank.

Back
Top Bottom