Guppy fry!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone, my friend recently gave me some guppy fry, and I have no idea how to raise them! I have 9, and I am currently keeping them in a plastic container. I have a plastic plant inside, and no heater or filter. Can I keep them in the community tank,with my 4 tetras and danio, or should I just keep them in the container? Help!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393867001.244610.jpg The paper towels are underneath the bucket, not inside :p

I have mine at 75f in a 12L tank... I'm not sure what the ideal is but mine are growing pretty good. They will need cleaning quite regularly and feeding quite often., what are you feeding them ??

I'm feeding them crushed flakes at the moment, my "first bites" are arriving soon. I'm planing on feeding them a mixture of flakes, tiny amounts of egg yolk, and first bites

I have slightly acidic water (6.3ish) do I need to raise this, and if so how??

Also, does the plastic plant (from my old tank), have algae on it for them to nibble on?

As far as I know there not algae eater.. Try crushed flake food or get some liquifry for them

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393971758.078846.jpgBreeding box came, YAY! They are now swimming happily in my 10 gallon tank! ^_^

Don't know whether it's because they are having a varied diet that has helped with the colours coming out sooner

I've just sat and watched my other female have her fry and scooping them as she's having them.. Over 20 so far

Back
Top Bottom