Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Guppy fry!

I'm so excited! Since starting my tank in May, and losing about 8 guppies to illness/water issues, I'm so happy to have life for a change!
Was a complete surprise as the mummy spent 15min or so out of water while I was transferring her (she jumped out of the container while I was aclimatising her and I didn't notice) and has since made quite an amazing recovery. She was not bulging but she was always the fattest. I suspected she was pregnant but assumed she may have lost them due to the stress and trauma of being out of water.
Anyway, she is less fat and I've counted about 15 fry that were born overnight.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438560635.651944.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	276005

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

HausMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Congrats - the fry have a decent chance with the java moss and plants. Hikari First Bites is a great starter food: convenient and readily available. Hatching out brine shrimp is fun and a different adventure to add to the aquarium keeping experience.

PS - if it's her first time, keep watching - more may be coming.

Tags
fry, guppy, guppy fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com