Guppy fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HausMaus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm so excited! Since starting my tank in May, and losing about 8 guppies to illness/water issues, I'm so happy to have life for a change!
Was a complete surprise as the mummy spent 15min or so out of water while I was transferring her (she jumped out of the container while I was aclimatising her and I didn't notice) and has since made quite an amazing recovery. She was not bulging but she was always the fattest. I suspected she was pregnant but assumed she may have lost them due to the stress and trauma of being out of water.
Anyway, she is less fat and I've counted about 15 fry that were born overnight.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438560635.651944.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Congrats - the fry have a decent chance with the java moss and plants. Hikari First Bites is a great starter food: convenient and readily available. Hatching out brine shrimp is fun and a different adventure to add to the aquarium keeping experience.

PS - if it's her first time, keep watching - more may be coming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom