Guppy fry!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
This was totally unplanned! :oops:

I sort-of-kinda inherited those two guppies. I put them in the new tank with the sword tail and the two dwarf gouramis to "test the waters" (It was a test on how to transfer fish from the 30 gal to the 75 gal). And today i found 3 tiny guppies swimming around! 8O

I don't mind them but I wonder what's going to happen to them once i move the angel, the gold gourami and the other fish. I don't want another overstocked tank, if they start breeding out of control I'll have to take them to the lfs.

On the other hand, I guess it is a good sign. Isn't it?

if you have the bigger fish with them, you wont have to worry about your population to explode, the angels will keep the fry population in check.. angels arent usually aggressive towards other fish, but might see the fry as a snack, then again this might be tru for most of your other fish.. hope this makes sense..

Given the fish they are in with, I don't think you'll have those 3 new guppies very long. ...and I suspect there were originally more than 3.

Yeah, I think the first thought the Gouramis had was, "Hey, that fish is making treats!"

Although if it was the tank that had all those plants in it, they might not have eaten too many. Babies make good use of the cover.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about guppy population in your tank. You might (most likely not) have 1 survivor out of several of the once a month(for me anyways) drops that the females do. Do you have 2 females?

How big is your angel? The angel will see guppy fry as a tasty snack!!! Precisely why i got a male and female for my tank.

Back
Top Bottom