Guppy Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garth7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone!

Couple quick questions....

1. How long should i leave my fry i want to keep in the breader tank? I am just simply trying to prevent other fish from eating them. Right now I just have guppys, white clouds, platties, and 2 cory cats. I dont think the above will eat them, I just wanted to see what everyone else does. I do have a fairly well planted tank.

2. Is it true that some fish will grow only to the size of their environment? I have always thought this was not true, but I just heard otherwise. I juste wanted to see what people say on this as well.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

IMO there should be no reason for your fry to get eaten in a planted tank with that stock. If you want to keep them in there I'd keep them in there until they were bigger than the mouth's of the other fish.

Fish do not grow to the size of their enviroment. They can have their growth stunted to be sure but that is not a healthy nor natural state. It is cruel IMO. It can lead to health problems and early deaths.

1. How long should i leave my fry i want to keep in the breader tank?

until they are big enough not to get eaten. There are very few fish that won't eat something simple because it will fit in its mouth. I watched a female guppy eat one of her young, not 4 hrs after she had them...

2. Is it true that some fish will grow only to the size of their environment?

false

Back
Top Bottom