Guppy fry feeding? - advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

terri06

Aquarium Advice Activist
my guppy gave birth yesterday and ive pirchased some liquifry food for the babys is this enough for them or do they need more to there diet

Last edited by a moderator:
also i have a small tank should i move them into there the onli thing is theres no light or heater bt my temp at hme is 26degrees

I just fed my guppy fry crushed up flakes. I had lots of live plants in my tank when I kept guppies so they probably had lots of microorganisms to munch on also.

You can take a pestle and mortar and make your flakes really fine for them. A nice powder will do. Or as Jim said, purchase some live plants. I don't know if you can get hornwort in the UK but that is great. Or if you can find whats called guppy weed.

more babies

any advice on how im going to cope with all these babies over 3 days 2 females have given birth to inexcess of 50 babies which are still in the breedin tank any advice would b grately appreciated

Leave them in the tank with the parents. If you have cover for the fry some will make it and some will get eaten by the parents. I hate to think about how many guppies I'd have if I saved all the fry. I started with four and now I've got about 100.

i was thinkin of raising them till they were mayb 2-3 weeks then putting them into the tank wiv my community fish i intend to sell most bk to lfs wen there old enough

I would check with your LFS soon as most do not buy guppies. They are such prolific breeders that they could just as well grow their own out.

Hey!

My guppies gave birth about a month ago. I started off feeding them on ground flakes (which is did in my fingers) I hear baby brine shrimp is good aswell though. After 3 weeks i let them lose i believe we have lost 2 but the rest have survived. You should be releasing when they reach about 1 inch. Guppies once impregnated can give birth every month give or take a week for almost a year without being impregnated again. I would advise plenty of cover in your main tank and to leave them in there. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom