Guppy fry help please!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msweitzer24

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am excepecting more guppy fry. Last time I isolated the female and she laid roughly 30 fry. 20 survived. I have begun research and it led me to the tempature. What is a good temp for the fry? My tank is at 81 defrees right now.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No matter what, don't make any drastic changes. Guppies are quite hardy, but not invincible.

If it is a community tank, you can try to isolate the female. If there are only other guppies in there, don't put her through that stress.

Temperature? Anything between 75*F and 82*F should be tolerable.

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok. Cause i had 1 baby which I got from a pet store and it was fine until I turned the heat from 78 to 81. Im not sure if thts what killed her and just needed basic guppy fry help

Yes, do not make any big changes in the temperature. My tank is set to 77 and they are fine. If they were born healthy then keep them at the same temp.

The warmer the temperature the faster they grow. Secrets, not really, change the water often without sucking them up, feed protein rich food like fry bites by hikari or Baby brine shrimp. Aquarium salt. It dosent really matter, like they said no sudden drastic temperature changes but that goes for all fish. I usually keep my guppy fry between 78-82 F. They can live and grow in water as cool as 72, but they will grow slower (although live longer) out of curiosity, what killed the 10 fry before? I could help you with that too if It was a disease.

Well i changed the temp from 77 to 81 and i think thats what killed the 10 fry. I now know not to change anything

Back
Top Bottom