Guppy fry now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turtle71

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello everybody, still waiting on my platy fry but my big guppy mom had her babes this morning. I noticed it early enough that I could put her into breeder box during birthing. I managed to safe 14 and much more are swimming around in the big tank.
Now I am wondering what to do.
My other 10gal tank is momentarily a hospital tank with one platy that has a fungus.
I would buy a 5gal or something just for fry if I would know how it works.
Buying a little tank and setting it up means that it is not cycled. Or do babes don't care?
What to do?

I would buy a 5 gallon. That's what I have for my guppy fry. I set up my 5 gallon a while ago, not cycled, and even without a filter. (I have a filter now, don't worry.) I just let the water warm up for about 2 or 3 hours, and dropped the fry in the tank. They were totally fine, too.

Post pics of the fry and the momma?

If you get a 5 gallon tank for the fry just add water from the moms tank and maybe squeeze some bacteria from your filter into the new tank for your fry. It will help:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you get a 5 gallon tank for the fry just add water from the moms tank and maybe squeeze some bacteria from your filter into the new tank for your fry. It will help:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thank you guys. I will get the 5gal tank.

Back
Top Bottom