guppy fry question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so one of my girls had a drop last week and I feed many times a day and chance water.

So my question is it normal for them to be growing at different rates?

Artist said:
Ok so one of my girls had a drop last week and I feed many times a day and chance water.

So my question is it normal for them to be growing at different rates?

They usually grow at different rates because my Platy fry grow at different rates but for now its a bad thing because of bulling.

They usually grow at different rates because my Platy fry grow at different rates but for now its a bad thing because of bulling.

+1 Fishie

If you start getting same age fry that are double the size of a sibling. Then you might want to watc out too

My fry are only a week old and they are different sizes. Its not like different lengths but there are fatter and some are skinnier ( I have them in a breeder net is this ok? there is about 20~25)

I will take a pic of my two week old guppy fry for u when I have a min. They do vary in sizes as they grow. My guess is the females grow larger than the males most often for me anyways so I've always just put it to that, and the fact that all fish differ in size slightly.
I feed three small feeds a day and water change every two days.
I keep the fry with nothing other than a few ghost shrimp I breed also. Then I eventually sell them off or feed them to my angelfish as you get over run with them eventually.
Best of luck with your little ones and i will get u a pic ASAP :)

Here are some pics. I put my finger in front of the lens for some kinda size comparison. Hope they help

Attachments

• image-3515548965.jpg
    image-3515548965.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image-585868654.jpg
    image-585868654.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image-26201466.jpg
    image-26201466.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3965111693.jpg
    image-3965111693.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1559929727.jpg
    image-1559929727.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 71
Give more food at feeding time. Usually means some fry are not getting enough food. Baby brine shrimp is the way to go too for ultimate growth off all fry.

Back
Top Bottom