guppy fry question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petunia100

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two female guppies that I got from the pet store 5 weeks ago. Three weeks ago one of them dropped 7 fry. However they both look like they have dark gravid spots still, and one of them is huge! How long can they carry their young? Is it possible that the one that dropped fry could drop more even three weeks later? It's possible that they were eatern/sucked up filter as I"m not particularly trying to breed them (once the fry are mature, any females are going in the community tank), but they both still look pregnant. I still have two of the original fry and they are holding their own in the tank, no problems (there's a pic of one of the fry in my gallery). :D

TIA

Yeah my mollies have done that to me before, let out one or two babies and then hold the rest and then deliver the rest naturally. X.x Livebearers are weird lol

That just happened to me! My molly had 1 fry and then nothing for 2 days and she was still just as fat! I noticed her acting weird so I put her back in the net and sure enough....the next morning there were 3 more fry staring back at me! Livebearers are soooo strange...come one girls...just have them all at once!

Back
Top Bottom