Guppy fry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loukas42

Aquarium Advice Freak
What would the minimum size be ?

Especially for someone who hasn't breed anything before.

Guppy Fry Tank

What would the minimum size be ?

Especially for someone who hasn't breed anything before.

Hello L...

You don't need a separate tank for your fry. I keep large, planted tanks of Fancy Guppies and keep all the fish together. When I see fry in tank, I just feed all the Guppies a little more and a little more often. I've found that well fed adult Guppies show little or no interest in the fry. Plus, the fry grow faster with several, small feedings a day.

I also float a lot of Anacharis and Pennywort in the tanks. It makes good hiding places for the pregnant females and the fry. The more floating plants the better.

B

Hello L...

You don't need a separate tank for your fry. I keep large, planted tanks of Fancy Guppies and keep all the fish together. When I see fry in the tank, I just feed all the Guppies a little more and a little more often. I've found that well fed adult Guppies show little or no interest in the fry. Plus, the fry grow faster with several, small feedings a day.

I also float a lot of Anacharis and Pennywort in the tanks. It makes good hiding places for the pregnant females and the fry. The more floating plants the better.

B

Back
Top Bottom