Guppy gave birth:D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JacobThomson

Aquarium Advice Freak
Woke up to 7 new guppies! I've never bred before, so anything I should do? Thanks!

Your Guppies

Woke up to 7 new guppies! I've never bred before, so anything I should do? Thanks!

Hello Jac...

A couple of things: Get some Anacharis floated in the tank as soon a you can and start the new fish on a variety of frozen foods. Brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, beef heart, bloodworms, plankton and krill are all good. I like to feed a little minced garlic too. It's high vitamin and a natural food for a strong immune system.

Don't neglect your large, regular water changes. These will keep your fish and plants healthy.

B

Hello Jac...

A couple of things: Get some Anacharis floated in the tank as soon a you can and start the new fish on a variety of frozen foods. Brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, beef heart, bloodworms, plankton and krill are all good. I like to feed a little minced garlic too. It's high vitamin and a natural food for a strong immune system.

Don't neglect your large, regular water changes. These will keep your fish and plants healthy.

B

+1 to all he said. Especially do not forget water changes because that can be a leading cause in fry deaths. I also feed mine crushed flakes and they love it. Huh, minced garlic? You gotta cut that really small though right?

Hello Jac...

B

Thanks! Will give it a go! just been and looked and found 3 more!

Minced Garlic

+1 to all he said. Especially do not forget water changes because that can be a leading cause in fry deaths. I also feed mine crushed flakes and they love it. Huh, minced garlic? You gotta cut that really small though right?

Hello again Fish...

Minced garlic comes in a small glass jar. The pieces are small and I use a small spoon to take a little bit out and drop it into the tank. My Guppys and Corydoras really like it. Don't worry, it won't make the water smell.

I feed it once a week or so.

B

Hello again Fish...

Minced garlic comes in a small glass jar. The pieces are small and I use a small spoon to take a little bit out and drop it into the tank. My Guppys and Corydoras really like it. Don't worry, it won't make the water smell.

I feed it once a week or so.

B

That's pretty cool. I never thought that fish would actually like eating garlic ;).

Back
Top Bottom