Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Guppy giving birth

I just got done moving my molly and guppy fry out of the nexts and into a gallon. Put the nets up and was feeding big fish when i couldn't find one of my guppies. Finally found her hiding behind a rock was worried that she was sick when all the sudden out pops a fry. Soon as it popped out. Got the net back out and went to catch baby and it's gone and other fish were now where the mom was so i'm betting it got eaten. Well I went ahead and put the momma in the net. Been about an hour and no more babies. She is swimming around in it and she is still pretty big and dark gravid spot still big and dark. Did i stress her out to much? Or does it just take awhile before she will release more?

Old 03-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
She is most likely stressed. Leave her be for a bit, if you can turn off the lights for awhile.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth, guppy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com