guppy giving birth right now!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
my guppy is having yet another batch of fry but this is the first time i have been home to witness it. do they prefer lights on/off? how long will she be letting go of the fry? they seem to have a bit of a baloon bellt to them but i think that is normal becase it will just dissapear. any advice would be great

thanks a bunch for the support lol i mean i was planning on going to bed since it is 1 oclock in the morning but i can sleep now till shes done :) hope to get lots

Congratts Man!!

Small world my platy gave birth today I was able to save a total of 19 of them.

How many did you end up with?

omg!!! something really weird happend. ok i gave up and went to bed because she was really slow. so i saw one drop and that was it. well i woke up and to my horror there was still only one and the rest were dead!! and most of them seemed to look like poop in the sense that they were all attached in a long poop shape. this is horrorifiying. i dont under stand what happend. i cant see how everysingle one dies like that. well thats not true i got 1 very healthy very active one :) i will call him nemo i guess that seems appropriate. this makes me really sad :( my last batch from the same guppy was 22 healthy and not a single still born or egg. what could have happend!!! sorry i am a little histericle but this sucks

thanks :( i am still really bumbed out about this though i have never even heard of something like this before

lol well i guess i should pull a marlin and be depressed for my whole life lol i really need to stop quoting finding nemo. well i have another pregnant guppy so i hope that batch is healthy. thanks for the support

Sorry to hear that! At least you have one healthy baby. There will be more to come no doubt and hopefully they will be healthy as well.

Back
Top Bottom