Guppy help plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi

So last night I put my pregnant guppy in a birthing box, came home from work today and see she has had 2 fry and about 30 unhatched eggs, is this just a bad batch or did I freak her out by putting her in the box ? The eggs are developed as can see eyes tails and spine,

Your Fish Fry

Hi

So last night I put my pregnant guppy in a birthing box, came home from work today and see she has had 2 fry and about 30 unhatched eggs, is this just a bad batch or did I freak her out by putting her in the box ? The eggs are developed as can see eyes tails and spine,

Hello Moobs...

Guppies are "Livebearers", they don't lay eggs. You must have another species of fish doing the egg laying.

B

Don't bother with a birthing box. You'll be able to save plenty of fry without one and theres less chance of stressing your guppy causing premature births or even death.

Hello Moobs...

Guppies are "Livebearers", they don't lay eggs. You must have another species of fish doing the egg laying.

B

Stressed females can give birth to eggs when they give birth prematurely.

i always leave the mom in the tank and catch the fry as i see them just make sure they have places to hide

Back
Top Bottom