Guppy ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Under the right lighting his tail looks orange with a yellow sunrise shaped thing and iridescent blue at the base. He's really pretty, even if he was the most common type of guppy.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423275829.880824.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423275855.579012.jpg
Sorry about the bad pictures.

Sent from my iPhone

It looks male but its hard to see in the pictures

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry, I probably should have been more specific. I want to know what type of guppy, not gender. But thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone

Hes an orange guppy :p hes just a regular guppy. He isnt fancy

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

These are my males currently. They might be a fancy guppy but im unsure. I just sell them as regular guppies. Fancy would have a huge tail or something special i think

Attachments

• 1423359505097.jpg
    1423359505097.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 97
He's just a common guppy mix. He not a kind, just a mix of kinds.

Fishobsessed7

Iv had guppies for a while and find these guys have a bigger tail and points to the tail

First of all, all guppies which aren't wildstrains are fancy guppies to start with. Fancy doesn't mean that they have to have large tails or fins. And even wildguppies which are kept in captivity and developed natural mutations and further on linebred are also fancy guppies. I'm judging wild- and fancy guppies in Germany and in the Netherlands. Regular guppies are fancy guppies which can be bought at an lfs. HQ guppies are a different story... But these males in these pics do show tuxedo influence.

As long as they have changed in appearance from the wildguppies were they were descended from. Wether that's happened by inbreeding or by natural mutation. Nothing more, nothing less.

HQ show guppies are judged for their other specific features. Wether that's bodyshape, finshape, pattern and the intensity of colouration.

As long as they have changed in appearance from the wildguppies were they were descended from. Wether that's happened by inbreeding or by natural mutation. Nothing more, nothing less.

HQ show guppies are judged for their other specific features. Wether that's bodyshape, finshape, pattern and the intensity of colouration.

I'm hoping to eventually become experienced enough to breed show guppies.

The cool thing about guppies is, you can do what you like.

You can get into breeding for shows.

Breeding your favorite type and just making them better.

You can mix and match a see what the fry look like.

I usually will have a purebred going.

While having a fun mix and match tank going just for kicks.

You can also do the wild guppy and endler thing. (My favorite)

Its really up to you.

Just remember the pure breds will sell for more then mutts.

I don't care about making any profit, that's just a happy side-effect. I do it because I think it's fun.

It has to be fun. There are so many was to enjoy this hobby or addiction.

I started off with one wild guppy tank because it reminded me of the time I spent with my dad catching them when I was a kid.

Now I have 12 tanks and love every minute of it. I have expensive fish and fish that I cant even give there babies away. They are all special to me in their own way.

I just mentioned the cost as a way of saying another aspect of owning fish that breed.

Back
Top Bottom