Guppy info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel R

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, I'm about to start breeding guppies. 2 males to 6 females in a 20 gallon with a sponge filter for the babies and some java moss for there protection. I am not sure what temperature to keep them at? Is there a different temperature for breeding?

You can feed them frozen bloodworms, It helps them produce more eggs ( haven't tried it yet but heard success stories)

Barakis said:
Guppys of all fish don't need special conditions, they breed like rampant rabbits.

So you would say 79?

Barakis said:
Sorry, "in my opinion". I should really stop typing like that :)

I was also wondering besides flakes brine shrimp and blood worms what can I feed them?

Barakis said:
Some kind of fly larvae, not entirely sure, but they love it.

Where can I get it? Can you make it DIY? Ps does any one know if you can breed blood worms

Daphnia are an aquatic creature that is found in ponds and other bodies of water that are slow moving with lots of greenwater algae. They can be bred at home with the right setup. They sell freeze dried daphnia at the pet store.

jetajockey said:
Daphnia are an aquatic creature that is found in ponds and other bodies of water that are slow moving with lots of greenwater algae. They can be bred at home with the right setup. They sell freeze dried daphnia at the pet store.

Thank you very much

jetajockey said:

Thanks for that, had a rough idea but didn't want to give too much false info :) now I know lol.

I just feed mine frozen, if you disolve a cube in a little ammount of tank water, then drop the whole lot in, your filter will carry them and the fish think they are live, its quite kl to watch lol.

Back
Top Bottom