guppy might be pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppy Breeder

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a male and female guppy the female. Has a black spot on the back of its belly its small. It only. Covers about half of the belly does this mean it is pregnant

if there's a male and a female she is more then likely pregnant.

R these good

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120426_141032.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_141032.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 66
  • ForumRunner_20120426_141057.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_141057.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 61
Guppy Breeder said:
OK thanks any thing special you have to do with the fry besides put them in the floating mesh bag

Um yes Actualy. It's prefered but you don't have to do this. It's usualy beter to raise the babies in a separate tank that has the heat on 80-83 degrees ferenhiet. This raises their metabolism and makes them grow faster. It worked wonders on my fish, but then again I had swordtails. But the mesh idea is fine, just remember to have a lot of hiding spaces so she doesn't eat them all. Wat are you going to feed them?

Guppy Breeder said:
My plan was to feed them some of that first bites stuff and/or crushed flake food

Yea that sounds good. I used crushed flakes. So are you looking into breeding guppies? It's an interesting hobby, rewarding I'd say

Yeah I have a pregnant one now. I just have to figure out what I will do with the hundreds of fry. I think I might sell them if its legal.

Guppy Breeder said:
Yeah I have a pregnant one now. I just have to figure out what I will do with the hundreds of fry. I think I might sell them if its legal.

It's legal. If its her first time she can get up to 85 I think, but some of them will die before they are adults. You could sell them. I'm giving some of mine away but keeping some to breed with.

That was my plan I have only one female at the moment but this weekend I going to pick up some supplies and get another ome

Back
Top Bottom