Guppy Not Doing Well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the unhealthy fish forum, but since it's related to giving birth I'm posting here. One of my females who was noticeably pregnant a day or so ago is now looking very poorly. She's staying on the gravel and not really swimming around all that much. She seems to be breathing hard as well. Her stomach towards her tail end appears to be a little puffy and red. I'm not sure if this is normal considering the stress of giving birth or not. Is there anything I can do to treat her considering I have other healthy guppies including several fry and some Oto cats.

Will try to get pictures later. I'm on my lunch break right now and don't have time.

She's not sitting on the gravel anymore. She seems to be getting around a little bit better although you can clearly see that she's still not right. She still seems to be breathing heavily and she's not very graceful about swimming. Her abdomen is still red and now there's a white string hanging outside of her. I did get some photos, but they're not all that great. Still, if anyone can give me some advice, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Here are the photos...
guppy1.jpg

guppy2.jpg

guppy3.jpg

guppy4.jpg

guppy5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom