Guppy Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankerJs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, this doesn't seem to be a common problem. I can't find anything on it. I have one male and one female guppy in a ten-gallon tank with three cory cats and two mystery snails. The male is a Red Gold Tuxedo Guppy, and the female is just a regular fancy guppy (has yellow tail and gray/dark blue scales). Anyway the male keeps trying to mate, but she refuses him every time! She isn't already pregnant because her gravid spot dissapears after the light has been out for more than 1 hr. Please I need advice on how to intice the female to accept the male.

Usually it is best to have 2 females for the male to chase around so one can get a breather from him. I have had males that stressed the female so much that I had to actually separate them.

They are together most of the day, but the female doesn't look stressed at all. They seem to like each other, but when he thinks its a good time to try to mate, she refuses. I'm planning on adding two more females and possibly one more male, that way they can each take a breather. I also have lots of hiding spots, and the female is the one that usually approaches the male, so I can't figure it out.

ya female's are that way . " opps" WE WERE TALKING FISH . YES YOU NEED MORE FEMALES i would do 3 females to 1 male that is what i do with my guppys

Back
Top Bottom