Guppy Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will guppies breed at 68 degrees or is that too low? Also will fry grow at 68 degrees? And does Temp change the ratio male to female you get from a drop?

Artist said:
Will guppies breed at 68 degrees or is that too low? Also will fry grow at 68 degrees? And does Temp change the ratio male to female you get from a drop?

I keep all my guppies male and female at 78. I know that they can't handle a constant change in temp, they'll get stressed and die or at least that's what I've read anyways, never really tried it out.
My guppy fry are fine around 75 @ two wks they are almost 1/2 inch.
I don't see why not they may not grow as fast though when the temp is that low due to their motabilzim(sorry can't spell tonight XD), they may not eat much, but still grow.

well I have 3 10gallon tanks set up I have a heater for one but the other two dont have one

The tank with the heater is at 75 that is where I have my females right now (Filter is a hob with a sponge to save fry) also have alot of real an fake plants all over the tank

The tanks that dont have heaters are about 68degrees all day maybe up to 70 for part of the day so I was wondering if I could use another tank as a grow out tank or not

Back
Top Bottom