Guppy Ready to Give Birth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She's still squared, but there's no Gravid spot, and she's back in the main tank.

Ok. Hope she gets pregnant soon (y)
I forgot, is your guppy the one in your avatar? And how many males and females are in the tank too?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. And no, but that one looks like my male. I have one male and 5 female guppies in a community tank, with zebra danios and neon tetras.

I have a female the same color almost. she to is pregnant but its so hard to tell because of their color. Mine has slowly getting bigger. I thought any day now but nothing and finally now I can barely see the eyes of the fry in her it's very hard to see because of her color I would wait. Do you know about when she got pregnant?

Attachments

• image-231224463.jpg
    image-231224463.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 66
I have a female the same color almost. she to is pregnant but its so hard to tell because of their color. Mine has slowly getting bigger. I thought any day now but nothing and finally now I can barely see the eyes of the fry in her it's very hard to see because of her color I would wait. Do you know about when she got pregnant?

Yeah, that's the exact shape mine's still in. And I think she was pregnant when I got her, but otherwise soon after, which was about 2 months ago. Yeah :/...

I dunno. I don't see the black dot.. Though she is rounded. And the area around her anal area is white ish so the black dot should be quite clear. Are there males in the same tank?

Ok. Hope she gets pregnant soon (y)
I forgot, is your guppy the one in your avatar? And how many males and females are in the tank too?

Thanks. And no, but that one looks like my male. I have one male and 5 female guppies in a community tank, with zebra danios and neon tetras.[/QUOTE]

Ok. To improve the chance of getting more females pregnant. I would buy one or two more males. The ratio of m:f should be 1:2 so having 3 males and 6 females would be good. Or you can lessen it to 2 males and 5 females .

Just be careful I have one male and since the 1st of the month to date I have well over 100 fry from 4 females. Already and a lot more on the way

Just be careful I have one male and since the 1st of the month to date I have well over 100 fry from 4 females. Already and a lot more on the way

Wow! All fry survived? That's quite a lot! How old is the female? And how many females do you have?

4 females over 100 fry. The oldest is about 1 yr and a half. She had he babies in main tank I only fished out 30 of them their was a few more in there. The other 3 had over 20 each I put them in the breeding tank because I seen that they were getting ready to drop I pulled them out before they were done because they started to get stressed. If I saved them all it would probably be closer to 150 right now. And their are at least 4 more that should drop in the next week. But I probably will just let them be. Going to be over run with fish. plus i have more than enuf to do the breeding program I want to. I got a 10 gal fry tank two 20 gal one with endlers a 29 gal and a 55 gal. Right now the 55 has no fish in it. But even if I save them all before long I will be over ran with fish. Already looking into getting more tanks but as of right now that's more than 25 fish a tank. Not really practical for breeding purposes. So the 55 gal is going to be the cull tank. Anyway I'm on a rant but yea guppies breed like crazy.

4 females over 100 fry. The oldest is about 1 yr and a half. She had he babies in main tank I only fished out 30 of them their was a few more in there. The other 3 had over 20 each I put them in the breeding tank because I seen that they were getting ready to drop I pulled them out before they were done because they started to get stressed. If I saved them all it would probably be closer to 150 right now. And their are at least 4 more that should drop in the next week. But I probably will just let them be. Going to be over run with fish. plus i have more than enuf to do the breeding program I want to. I got a 10 gal fry tank two 20 gal one with endlers a 29 gal and a 55 gal. Right now the 55 has no fish in it. But even if I save them all before long I will be over ran with fish. Already looking into getting more tanks but as of right now that's more than 25 fish a tank. Not really practical for breeding purposes. So the 55 gal is going to be the cull tank. Anyway I'm on a rant but yea guppies breed like crazy.

Dang!!!!! Sounds like you got some serious guppy breeding process going on there lol. What type of guppies are these? Gonna sell them to the lfs for cash/store credit when they get older?

Wow. That's impressive.

UPDATE: The female in question got really skinny a day or two ago, so I THINK she gave birth. But only NOW does the gravid spot show. Ugh, I'm so confused. I've found no fry, but that's simply explained: they got eaten. Any input?

Ok. To improve the chance of getting more females pregnant. I would buy one or two more males. The ratio of m:f should be 1:2 so having 3 males and 6 females would be good. Or you can lessen it to 2 males and 5 females .[/QUOTE]

I would, but my tank is on overload as it is, and I HAD 2 males, but my current one killed the other. :/

New pic of her? Maybe she did have them and maybe they got eaten. But usually a few manage to hide. Is the tank planted or are there any hiding spaces. You can look all day and not see any but only time will tell. Unless you empty the whole tank and look. But don't do that just keep an eye out maybe she had them and maybe she didn't. Another picture would help.

New pic of her? Maybe she did have them and maybe they got eaten. But usually a few manage to hide. Is the tank planted or are there any hiding spaces. You can look all day and not see any but only time will tell. Unless you empty the whole tank and look. But don't do that just keep an eye out maybe she had them and maybe she didn't. Another picture would help.

Darn, I'm on vacation until late tomorrow, so I don't have a photo. I'll take one when I get home. The tank has several thick fake plants, and two floating. It's only a 10 gal, so I don't think they survived, but I'll keep an eye out, as another dropped around the same time, and now another is getting ready.

Back
Top Bottom