Guppy weirdness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right i put my guppy in the breeding box over night the guppy was massive, i woke up in the morning to find no guppy fry but the mother was back slim can i have any help?

She most likely ate them the fry right after they are born they will kick up back through the gate and the mother will eat them ime with Mollys

Don't use the boxes. They suck and stress the female out. I have a 29 gallon with the bottom lined with plants and rocks were babies can hide. Try that next time. I take the babies out of the tank once I see them and put them in a 10 gallon. Easier that way.

something i resintly did to help decrease the mother's stress is i siliconed fake leaves to the outside of the breeder box, leaving the side against the glass clear so i can see the mom and babies... since she cant see other fish, and it stays darker, the mom stays calm! good luck next time!

what i did to populate my tank quick was to put the pregnant fish in a holding tank that when the babies dropped through they would drop right into the main tank, which was empty at the time, then put the mother back in her tank, than take another prego and put her into the holding tank, i had more babies than i could believe in a short time

Back
Top Bottom