Guppys breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Heyy guys can anyone tell me how many guppy fry I would get from my guppy and how many litres should I get for about 10 Guppys 8 female to 4 male so 12 in total

Is it the first batch? If so like 3-8 if not more

You should have a 20 gallon tank for adults and a 2.5-10 gallon tank for fry
20 gals=80l
2.5 gals=10l
3 gals=12l
5 gals=20l
5.5 gals=22l
6 gals=24l
7 gals=28l
7.5 gals=30l
8 gals=32l
10 gals=40l

emerald76 said:
You should have a 20 gallon tank for adults and a 2.5-10 gallon tank for fry
20 gals=80l
2.5 gals=10l
3 gals=12l
5 gals=20l
5.5 gals=22l
6 gals=24l
7 gals=28l
7.5 gals=30l
8 gals=32l
10 gals=40l

Ok thank you guys

One of my guppys gave birth to only 7 today, but i have two other preganant females expected soon haha

Keep in. Mind even if your using a net for the birth that the mother still may eat some fry, or if your not here ma be more that were eaten or are hiding

Bubbles0oO said:
Keep in. Mind even if your using a net for the birth that the mother still may eat some fry, or if your not here ma be more that were eaten or are hiding

No I'm using this

image-2567252120.jpg

Attachments

• image-1459582863.jpg
    image-1459582863.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 51
Ahh the breeders box too , the fry may try to fit through the crack and make it but some are scared by the fish below them and go up through the grate and then get eaten, or they may try to swim up and get trapped and then eaten. I know because i use a breeders box, and still. Lose fry

Bubbles0oO said:
Ahh the breeders box too , the fry may try to fit through the crack and make it but some are scared by the fish below them and go up through the grate and then get eaten, or they may try to swim up and get trapped and then eaten. I know because i use a breeders box, and still. Lose fry

My tricky little balloon Mollies do that with my guppy fry, they suck them through the little cracks in the bottom of the box but they get stuck in the crack at the head and it ends up decapitating them, not fun to see :(

butterfly_koi said:
My tricky little balloon Mollies do that with my guppy fry, they suck them through the little cracks in the bottom of the box but they get stuck in the crack at the head and it ends up decapitating them, not fun to see :(

Ok thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom