Hard fish to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So seeing as easy fish to breed are mostly ugly ^.^ I wanted to breed some hard but extremely nice fish to breed!
Some that sell for alot too but not really worried about making a profit on them...
Money isn't really a problem seeing as I work at Maccas hehe
I was thinking something like electric yellow cichlids or just something nice ^.^

So seeing as easy fish to breed are mostly ugly ^.^ I wanted to breed some hard but extremely nice fish to breed!
Some that sell for alot too but not really worried about making a profit on them...
Money isn't really a problem seeing as I work at Maccas hehe
I was thinking something like electric yellow cichlids or just something nice ^.^

Try discus. You can get a lot of money if you raise some fry from very good-looking parents to adulthood, and it can be a good breeding project, although they are very touchy and need a big tank, so pristine water is a must.

Most fish are relatively easy to breed. It's growing out the fry that become challenging. Apistos breed relatively easily provided they have the right conditions. Growing out the fry can be difficult. Discus pretty much the same. Mbuna would not be what I would consider hard to breed or raise, since they are very prolific.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Try discus. You can get a lot of money if you raise some fry from very good-looking parents to adulthood, and it can be a good breeding project, although they are very touchy and need a big tank, so pristine water is a must.

Ok so would a 55 gallon be enough?
Umm and what would a nice discus look like lol?

mfdrookie516 said:
Most fish are relatively easy to breed. It's growing out the fry that become challenging. Apistos breed relatively easily provided they have the right conditions. Growing out the fry can be difficult. Discus pretty much the same. Mbuna would not be what I would consider hard to breed or raise, since they are very prolific.

I guess apistos are pretty nice but seeing as my LFS doesn't have them I couldnt really get hold of them :/
But then again I could order some from my other pet store and sell them to the other pet store and that would be good yeah??

I was thinking something that bred like bettas so only like 2 in one tank? Is there something like that?
But I do have a 55 gallon so would those fish breed with other fish around as long as I took the fry out to a different tank?

If you want a breeding challenge try to breed glass catfish
...seeing as its never been done before

tarpon said:
If you want a breeding challenge try to breed glass catfish
...seeing as its never been done before

Never...?
I like it ^.^

Back
Top Bottom