hard water reduce chances of pregnancy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have several tanks containing animals from fish to newts to frogs to toads etc. I have FBtoads and FB newts and I can confirm that there are both males and females of both species. I also have several female mollies and 2 male mollies. I also have 5 ACFs of which at least three are male and one is definately female. Lastly I had two crayfish (male and female). You would think I'd have all kinds of babies right? Well the crayfish are the only ones to have produced babies. My water is pretty hard and the pH is like 8, but its very stable. Any ideas why no one is having babies?

I don't think it is the hard water I have very hard water and I have all kinds of platies and guppy fry. I have no Idea you have no babies, do you separate the mother from the other fish.

Platys and mollies like your type of water. I am surprised you don't have youngsters everywhere. What else is in the tank with Mom? Do the females look gravid? ie get nice and round.

What are you feeding them? Most fish need to be fed a really good diet to be conditioned to breed.

Back
Top Bottom