Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

has my pregnant platy aborted?

I have a pregnant female high fin platy, she has a gravid spot and was round, I think its her first birth. she was doing nicely, hadn't squared off, but was staying on the ground more and getting rounder. I tried putting her in the breeder net at night in case she had them, she was starting to get stressed, so I gave up and left them in the dark. next day she was still round, gravid spot seemed a little lighter (could be my imagination). she wasn't staying at the bottom she was swimming as she would without the babies. I have read that they will abort if they feel stressed or threatened, does abort mean hold them off for another week or get rid of the fry in her? this is my first platy breeding and I can't understand why she is suddenly acting like she isn't pregnant.
I hope she will have her fry!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
platy, pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com